Sunday, January 17, 2016

Fall 2015 - Still Life Painting, Week 10, pt. 2



This is my favorite of the four major painting assignments. It might even be my favorite painting of the semester. After the shells and light bulb painting, I really wanted to paint more shells and glass. I actually had a different still life planned for this assignment, but I realized last minute that I really, really did not want to spend two weeks painting it, so I changed my set-up to this shell one, which ended up a lot better.

I had the most issue with the light bulb in this, from the proportions to the reflections. Colored glass is not easy. I loved painting this overall though. I felt kind of free during it and had a ton of fun figuring out the shapes, colors, and details of the shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment