Sunday, January 17, 2016

Fall 2015 - Charcoal Ears, Week 10


 Eeeears. <--That looks weird. I also practiced ellipses a bit on the left and I like the two heads on the right as being a good example of how I can't assume I will or won't be able to draw something based on whether I could or couldn't draw something else.

I confused myself a bit with that sentence, but my meaning is, I drew the head on the top left of the third image really quickly and easily with time to spare whereas, with the bottom right head, I used up all my time with most of it spent on just trying to get the main head proportion and was still unhappy with it. So I can't assume that my next drawing would be good based on the first or assume that it would be bad based on the second.

It's something to remind myself of because I often get discouraged when I paint or draw and the painting/drawing doesn't end up how I hoped it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment